Located to the north of Shurijo Castle, there is a stone road from the approach to Sueyoshi Shrine all the way to the main shrine. Sueyoshi is one of eight major shrines of the Ryukyus and was built in 1456 during the reign of King Sho Taikyu. From the approach road to the ceremonial area there are eight steps. From there across the stone bridge to the front shrine are 21 steps going in the opposite direction, and from the front to the main shrine seven steps. The main shrine and the ceremonial area are on separate rock bases, with a stone wall in between and an arched stone bridge linking the two bedrocks.